All of our lawyers share reputations for being at the top of their game. When asked what employees enjoy most about working with Isadores, they said:
- “There is friendliness and equality within the team”
- “Opportunities to help other team members and partners make the time to speak to staff”
- “The positive ethos creates a relaxed environment where staff are able to do what’s right for the client”
- “There’s a great work/life balance”
- "I feel valued”
Our employees are by far our greatest asset and we are always on the lookout for talented and enthusiastic lawyers to help us drive forward our plans. To find out more about our latest vacancies email [email protected]
Legal Practice Manager
Position: Legal Practice Manager
Location: Portsmouth or Norwich
Holiday entitlement: 25 days
The role: You will be joining the firm as an integral part of the management team and will play a leading role in the future development of the firm, helping to develop smoother operating processes and generally ensuring the efficiency of the of the firm's operation.
ABOUT ISADORE GOLDMAN / ISADORES
Isadore Goldman Limited is a boutique solicitors practice that operates under two brands.
- ‘Isadore Goldman’ is a specialist boutique bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring practice. It is one of the leading UK law firms in this sector. Our insolvency and restructuring lawyers are considered experts in their field and are consistently recognised in both Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500. They have built up many years of experience in advising a wide range of clients in relation to all forms of insolvency and restructuring procedures and related disputes.
- ‘Isadores’ is a business focused practice specialising in corporate/commercial, property and litigation services.
Our model is about a true hands on, high quality service led by our experienced senior lawyers, rather than the traditional large firm offering where most work is delegated down to juniors. All our lawyers are expected and encouraged to be creative problem solvers and to work in a manner that maintains a hard-won reputation as an exceptional, outcome-focused law firm. With offices based in London, Norwich and Portsmouth we cater to a clientele across the UK and around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Legal Practice Managers are the operational backbone of any law firm, providing a demandingly diverse skills mix ranging from people management and marketing to finance, facilities and administration.
We are seeking a highly motivated, organised and detail-oriented individual to join our growing practice, based in either our Portsmouth or Norwich office. The Legal Practice Manager will work closely with business stakeholders at all levels of the company. As our Legal Practice Manager, you will be key in creating and managing processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the legal, compliance, and business teams, facilitate change, and control costs.
You must be a self-starter who is able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs and must be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating and implementing action plans. You must enjoy the responsibility that comes with owning problems and finding solutions.
This will be a leading role, where you will help to ensure that standards are met generally for all staff on levels of professionalism and to be an ambassador internally and externally for the firm as a whole. You will need to have proven leadership / management skills, ideally gained at a substantial legal or similar professional organisation.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilities management
- Health & Safety
- Policies & procedures
- Project management – including implementing and managing the following forthcoming projects:
- New IT systems
- New phone system
- ISO 9001 certification
- Ability to maintain accurate records and report project metrics using meticulous attention to detail and organisation
- Proven experience approaching problems creatively and analytically, remaining adaptable to a changing business landscape
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team, leveraging effective communication, strong writing and customer service skills
- Demonstrated experience developing processes and training that drive team efficiency and transparency
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced scale-up environment and successfully manage multiple deadlines
- Proficient in business applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, document management systems, and enterprise software
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree, GDL and/or LPC helpful but not essential
- Prior experience of running and implementing IT and ISO projects helpful but not essential
- Proven leadership / management skills, ideally gained at a substantial legal or similar professional organisation
- Prior experience of law firm management and operations
- Prior experience developing, maintaining and implementing processes and policies
- Prior experience with legal technology solutions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to demonstrate a natural affinity and empathy with clients and referrers
- Ability to present well to both internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively as a leader and team player
BENEFITSOF WORKING FOR ISADORE GOLDMAN
We offer our employees various benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Private health care
- Flexible working (subject to our core hours)
- Annual pay review
- 25 days holiday (excluding public holidays)
- Company phone
- A discretionary bonus
To apply for the role please send your CV with a covering letter to [email protected].
Please note, there is no deadline attached to this job posting and we reserve the right to amend or remove the position as necessary.